What should agents do about Revisits, Home Inspections and when dealing with Third Party Services?
We strongly discourage any face-to-face interactions with third party services. If it is deemed necessary, please consider the following:
- You should only be doing revisits if absolutely necessary at this point.
- Consider a virtual option.
- Consider having only the buyer & listing agents present.
- No additional family members, friends, etc. permitted.
- Ask screening questions of both buyers & sellers and get answers in writing.
- Follow all procedures as outlined when showing a home.
- Many of our third-party service providers have decided to put business on hold in order to comply with Public Health directions.
- We must respect these decisions and not ask our providers to place themselves in situations that they feel are unsafe.
- Others are offering virtual services: ie. Virtual staging appointments, virtual tips for sellers to take their own pictures and send to photographer for editing, etc.
- If it is absolutely essential for you or your clients to interact face-to-face with any third party service providers, implement the same protocols suggested for facilitating showings.