What are our protocols for in-person showings when we are the listing agent?
We strongly discourage in-person showings at this time but if it is deemed absolutely necessary please consider the following:
- Listing agent to personally screen all agents/buyers that make showing appointments. Get it in writing wherever possible! Ask the following:
- Have you or your clients recently travelled out of the province/country?
- Have you or your clients recently been in contact with someone that has travelled?
- In the last 14 days have you or your clients been experiencing any of the following: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat?
- Have you or your clients recently been in contact with someone who is sick with any of the above?
- Ensure number of people attending the showing is 5 or below to comply with the governments rule of gatherings of no more than 5 people.
- Have detailed showing instructions re: expected hygiene practices, limiting number of people ie. buyer & buyer agent only, no kids, family members, etc.
- Include showing instructions in your Brokerage Remarks on your listings.
- Include in your Sellers package:
- Signs asking agents/buyers to use hand sanitizer immediately upon entrance.
- Signs instructing visitors to limit physical touching in the home ie. do not to touch light switches, doorknobs, etc.
- Signs asking people not to use the facilities.
- Encourage sellers to leave interior doors open (including closets) and lights on to minimize buyers need to touch anything.
- Tell sellers to leave toilet seats down & fold toilet paper into a triangle so they will be able to easily tell if someone used the washroom.
- Encourage sellers to disinfect their homes after any showing appointments paying special attention to frequently touched areas such as doorknobs, light switches, etc.