What are our protocols for in-person showings when we are the buyer agent?
We strongly discourage any in-person showings when working with buyers. If it is deemed absolutely necessary, please consider the following:
- Confirm their financing.
- Prior to every meeting with your clients you should ask the following screening questions and get it in writing when possible:
- Have you recently travelled out of the province/country?
- Have you recently been in contact with someone that has travelled?
- In the last 14 days have you experienced any of the following: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat?
- Have you recently been in contact with someone who is sick with any of the above?
- Buyers agent should confirm with listing agent that the above questions have been answered by the sellers and anyone else who has shown the property.
- Inform buyers that showings will be restricted to the buyers only – no family members, friends, etc.
- Use appropriate hygiene practices when showing. Hand sanitizer, gloves, etc.
- Practice physical distancing during showings.
- If you arrive at a showing with a double booking, wait outside until the other party has finished.
- Limit physical touching when in the home.