What is our position on in-person listings & showings?
In accordance with similar direction from RECO, OREA and TRREB, Sutton Group-Heritage Realty Inc. STRONGLY discourages face-to-face meetings and showings on properties at this time. As Independent Contractors, however, you need to make some difficult decisions as to how you want your individual businesses to be handled. There are many things to be considered:
- Compliance with direction from the Public Health Agencies & Government direction around social/physical distancing and the State of Emergency.
- Your safety and the safety of your family.
- The Sellers safety and the safety of their family.
- The Buyer agent that may be showing the property.
- The Potential Buyer and their safety along with their right to view the property before they consider making an offer on the property.
There are no easy answers/quick solutions as there are legal and insurance issues to consider as well as fiduciary duties to the clients. Before asking your client to sign a listing agreement, make sure they understand the services you are prepared to offer, and how those services will differ compared to what they might have expected from a typical trade prior to or after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please view our Best Practices for further info.