What should agents tell their clients about closings?
If you have closings in the next 30-90 days or you are writing offers with quick closings, we recommend the following:
- Lawyers are advising that things are taking a little longer due to video sign ups and using couriers as well as the lenders are processing things slower as well.
- If you are the listing agent, check in with the buyers agent and remind them to push for financing to be in order ASAP and to keep you advised if there are any anticipated issues.
- Contact your client’s lawyer to find out how they plan to facilitate the closing, what are the title insurance implications, etc.
- Contact movers/truck companies to find out their new guidelines.
- SGH is set up remotely to ensure all commission cheques are processed.